Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of Orders
The Company (Care Shop). All orders received by the Company are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. No variation in these terms and conditions will be accepted and the Company reserves the right to refuse any order without providing a reason.
2. Pricing and Payment
All prices shown in the catalogue and online are Exclusive of Value added tax (Vat); Vat will be applied at the current rate on all orders unless a valid Vat zero rating form is received and authorised. Although every effort will be made to advance notice of price increases, the Company reserves the right to change prices and adjust invoices accordingly to the price ruling at the date of dispatch. We also reserve the right to correct clerical omissions and errors at any time. For Account customers, payment is to be received by the company within 30 days from the date of each and every invoice. Customers without credit accounts are required to tender full payment with their order. Payments are accepted by cheque, Visa or MasterCard and debit card. For New Care Shop Credit Account Customers if the value of your order exceeds £1000 (Excluding Vat) the Company reserves the right to request a 25% deposit payment prior to order dispatch.
A Quotation by the company shall be valid only for the period stated and if no period is stated, for 30 days from the date of the quotation. A quotation does not constitute a binding contract until the Company has accepted the order by fulfilling the order.
4. Deliveries and Carriage*
The company will use reasonable endeavours to deliver each of the customers’ orders within the time agreed Standard delivery is to the reception desk and/or ground floor at the stated delivery address. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the Company of any difficulties in delivering or specific requirements at the time of placing the order. The Company cannot accept responsibility for delivery problems resulting from the information supplied by the customer. Delivery is free to addresses within England, for orders over £75 Excluding Vat. Orders below £75 Excluding Vat will incur a £10.00 (ex.VAT) small order handling charge. Postage and packaging for Northern Ireland, Scotland and offshore deliveries may vary. Please check that deliveries are correct, undamaged and that the correct number of packages have been delivered before providing a signature. Any discrepancy or damage must be notified to Care Shop within seven working days. We do not ship to areas outside of the United Kingdom. If you wish to place an order from abroad please contact us before purchasing, to arrange collection or onward delivery yourself. Without contact, your order will be cancelled.
*On occasion, there may be delays caused by operational constraints or circumstances beyond our control. During these times we reserve the right to extend the delivery timescales up to 5 working days.
5. Cancellation and Variation of Orders
The Company will endeavour to meet customers’ individual requirements but the company shall be under no obligation to accept cancellation or amendment to any order or any part of an order. Where the Company agrees such cancellation or amendment to an Order, it is on the understanding that a cancellation or amendment charge may be levied.
6. Warranty and Warranty Period
Goods are supplied according to the descriptions and specifications given in the Company catalogue or online. The Company gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the suitability of any goods for any particular purpose unless expressly given or made in the catalogue. Where goods are supplied with the benefit of a warranty, the warranty will only continue to apply providing correct operation, cleaning and handling has been in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
7. Retention of Title
All goods supplied by the Company remain Company property until such time as payment has cleared for the aforementioned goods. The risk in goods sold to the customer shall pass to the customer upon tender for delivery
8. Return of Goods
Goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis and the Company is under no obligation to accept goods for return unless goods prove to be faulty. If goods are accepted for return this is subject to the customer accepting the following procedure and conditions:
- The Customer must notify the Company within 7 working days of receipt of goods, their intention to request a product return
- Goods must be returned in their original condition and packaging
- Goods will be collected by a courier authorised by the Company
- Goods authorised and accepted by Care Shop for credit or return will incur a £10.00 handling charge
- The Company is bound by the manufacturers terms and reserves the right to raise a 20%restocking charge
In the event that the customer no longer requires the goods, but the goods are not defective, the Company reserves the right to refuse the return of the goods at their absolute discretion.
The following category of goods will not be accepted for return:
- Goods which are single use or body worn
- Non-Catalogue product lines
- Products ordered to the customer’s specification (these may be catalogue lines)
- Goods damaged due to misuse or unauthorised repair
- Opened/partly used goods or where the seals/labels have been removed
- Goods damaged by fire, water or smoke
Customers are reminded that it is illegal to send contaminated goods through the post. The company reserves the right not to handle items that do not meet specific requirements.
9. Restriction & Exclusion of Liability
The customer must check at the time of delivery that products are correct and undamaged before providing a signature. If any products supplied by the Company prove on inspection at the time of delivery to be defective in material or manufacture the Company undertakes at its option to replace the same or refund to the Customer the price of the defective products.If any products supplied by the Company prove on inspection at the time of delivery to be defective in material or manufacture the Company undertakes at its option to replace the same or refund to the Customer the price of the defective products
Where the Company is liable to the Customer for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Company’s liability will in no circumstances exceed the cost of replacement of the defective products or the price paid by the Customer for the defective products in question (whichever is lower)The Company shall not be liable for any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect or consequential), nor any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever suffered by the Customer, whether this loss arises from a breach of a duty in contract or in tort or in any other way, without limitation including any such loss arising from the Company’s negligence
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect or consequential), nor any indirect or Shop Care Shop Terms and Conditions from the 1st July 2019 Page 03 consequential loss whatsoever suffered by the Customer, whether this loss arises from a breach of a duty in contract or in tort or in any other way, without limitation including any such loss arising from the Company’s negligence
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude the Company’s liability in any way for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company or its employees, nor does the Company seek to limit or exclude liability in circumstances of fraud. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a person dealing with the Company as a customer
10. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by circumstances beyond the Company’s control. Should any such event occur the Company may cancel or suspend this contract without incurring any liability for any loss or damage caused.
11. Proper Law
These terms and conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties to the contract shall be governed, interpreted and construed solely in accordance with the laws of England.
12. Colour Reproduction
Our designers take great care when publishing this catalogue; however, the limitations of printing may mean a slight variation in the colour shown.
Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are accurate, however, specifications may change. Sometimes product specifications from the manufacturer change. In such instances, we will do our best to offer you an alternative and will inform you at the time of ordering. All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion when there is an error in the catalogue, we will do our best to inform you at the time you order. Sometimes we may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may, therefore, provide a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price.
14. Use of Your Personal Information
We may use information about you as follows:
- To fulfil our agreement with you, including administering any accounts, processing and obtaining payment.
- To analyse and profile you’re shopping preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services that we offer and enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing program. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services that we think will interest you from the products we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods: email, telephone, post, fax or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- We will not disclose or pass on your information to any 3rd party.
15. On-Line Ordering
The information provided on the Care Shop Website is intended to be used only by the customer. The Company does not authorise the use of such information for any purpose other than your use as an immediate consumer and prohibits the use of this information for commercial purposes. Our on-line registration process requires you to submit a password which will you will need to access your account. You will be responsible for the security of this password. The Company will not be liable for any loss resulting from the misuse of your password. Orders placed on the internet shall be mere offers to purchase and shall not be accepted or binding upon the company until confirmed or acknowledged in writing by the company by means of invoice or statement confirming acceptance of your order or by dispatch of goods to you.
16. Modern slavery statement
Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Limited [Care Shop] is a subsidiary of Bunzl plc. Bunzl’s current modern slavery statement, which is made in accordance with Section 54, Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Bunzl plc, its subsidiaries and operating divisions are taking with a view to ensuring that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in Bunzl’s supply chain or in any part of its business, can be downloaded below.
Care Shop is a trading division of Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Ltd. Registered office
York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, W1H 7JT. Company Registration Number 62537 VAT Registration No 286014266