Digital alcohol meter breathalysers are testing equipment that are designed to accurate measure the alcohol content from a breath sample(BrAC Breath Alcohol Content).
Alcometer breathalyser is a reliable and accurate alcohol meter that can be used as an essential part of their daily equipment for employers who need to deal with staff who have a zero tolerance on alcohol. This includes staffs that have safety critical jobs such as driving or operating machinery.
The Alcometer uses fuel cell sensor technology. The Fuel cells use platinum electrodes where alcohol is oxidised to generate an electrical current which provides an accurate and specific reading whereas alternative sensors using semi-conductors use a small bead of inexpensive metal oxide to measure the resistance in electrical current.
- Sensor: Fuel Cell Sensor
- Accuracy: + 0.005% BAC at 0.050% BAC
- Detection Range (BAC): 0.000 - 0.400%
- Detection Range (BrAC): 0.000 - 2.00mg/l
- Screening Time: 25-30 seconds
- Working temperature: 5C - 40C
- Automatic Power-Off
- Battery Indicator: Low Warning
- Display: Regular LCD 3 digit display
- Calibration: 6 months / 500 uses
- Dimension: 125mm x 56mm x 24mm
- Weight: 131g (inc Battery)